In the heart of Northwest Florida, there is a golf course that offers 36 holes of fun and challenging action in a picturesque setting.
Bluewater Bay Resort in Niceville, just north of Fort Walton Beach, has four nine-hole courses designed by golf architects Tom Fazio and Jerry Pate, a Pensacola golfer currently playing on the Champions Tour.
“The conditions are excellent,” said David Trimm, general manager. “It’s a little shorter than most modern-day courses. It’s narrow, heavily wooded with bunkered greens. It has a nice variety of holes.”
Golfers play along the shoreline of Choctawhatchee Bay and then move through southern woodlands followed by a journey through a pristine wetland area. Trimm said they receive a strong contingent of Snowbird players in January, February and the first of March.
3rd Annual Snowbird Cup
Sunday February 21st, 2016
10 a.m. Shotgun Start
Bluewater Bay Country Club – Check-in at 9 a.m.
$40 includes golf, cart, lunch(beverages NOT included) and prizes
- Open to 36 golfers from each club – men and women
- Sign up as 2 person team or single (you will be paired with someone)
- Provide either USGA handicap or expected 18 hole score (You are on your honor)
- Each 2 person team from one club will be paired up with a 2 person team from the other club with similar handicaps
- Tournament format TBD
- Winning Snowbird Club will retain the trophy for one year
CONTACT firstname.lastname@example.org to pre-register or register at all Walton County Snowbird registrations