FIRST SPORTS WAGERS MARK ANNIVERSARY OF FIRST MISSISSIPPI CASINO BET IN 1992
- Beau Rivage Resort & Casino and Gold Strike Casino Resort will accept their first legal sports wagers on Wednesday, August 1 at 12 p.m., in Biloxi and Tunica, under new Mississippi regulations allowing licensed casinos to conduct sports book operations.
- The two Mississippi gaming resorts, both part of the MGM Resorts International portfolio, will celebrate the occasion with invited guests placing simultaneous first bets in the two locations at opposite ends of the Magnolia State.
- These first sports wagers will be placed on the 26th anniversary of the first casino bet made in Mississippi’s modern casino age, when the first pair of dice was rolled at the Isle of Capri in Biloxi on August 1, 1992.
- Among the local dignitaries and sports figures invited to place the historic first bets:
At BEAU RIVAGE:
- Willis McGahee, former Miami Hurricanes Running Back and 2-time NFL Pro Bowler
- Robert Royal, former Louisiana State Tigers Tight End and NFL star
- Legendary Oddsmaker Danny Sheridan
- Mississippi Hotel and Hospitality Association Exec. Dir. and Former Mississippi Gaming Commission Exec. Dir. Larry Gregory
At GOLD STRIKE:
- Stanley Morgan, UT Knoxville Wide Receiver and 4-time NFL Pro Bowler
- Former Mississippi Gaming Commission Chairman Nolen Canon
- Mississippi Senate Tourism Committee Chair Lydia Chassaniol
- Mississippi House Gaming Committee Vice-Chair Rep Cedric Burnett
Wednesday, August 1, 2018
11:00 a.m.: Sports Book open to media
11:45 a.m.: Remarks by distinguished guests
12:00 p.m.: First sports bet
BEAU RIVAGE: 875 Beach Boulevard, Biloxi, Mississippi 39530
GOLD STRIKE: 1010 Casino Center Dr, Robinsonville, MS 38664