Welcome fall with with bright blooms and events at Bellingrath Gardens and Home!
Holiday Magic Starts Early!
Our Magic Christmas in Lights crew started hanging the 2017 show three weeks early! We are so excited about our updates for this year. The show opens on Friday, Nov. 24, the day after Thanksgiving. Mark your calendars!
Boo at Bellingrath: Tickets on sale now!
Mark your calendars for Boo at Bellingrath, a day of Halloween fun in the Gardens on Saturday, Oct. 28, from 11 AM to 3 PM. Tickets are limited and must be purchased in advance. Online sales start today! To order, visit bellingrath.org.
A Boo at Bellingrath treat station is a great way to meet potential customers and promote your business! Sign up today to be a Treater at this family-friendly event. There is no booth fee. Contact Angela Strickland, Director of Special Events, at 251.459.8868 or email@example.com.
What’s blooming in September?
- Allamanda – Allamanda cathartica
- Alternanthera – Alternanthera dentata ‘Little Ruby’
- Begonia – Begonia x hybrida ‘Dragon Wing’
- Butterfly Ginger – Hedychium Cane
- Begonia – Begonia sp.
- Cestrum – Cestrum aurantiacum ‘Orange Zest’
- Chenille Plant – Acalypha hispida
- Coleus – Solenostemon scutellarioides ’Bellingrath Pink’
- Coleus – Solenostemon scutellariodes ‘Dappled Apple’
- Copper – Acalypha wilkesiana ‘LA Red’
- Cordyline – Cordyline terminalis ‘Maria’ C
- roton – Codiaeum variegatum
- Elephant Ears – Colocasia esculenta ‘Tea Cup’
- Firebush – Hamelia patens Frangipani Plumeria
- Gerber Daisy
- Hibiscus – Rosa sinensis ‘Cosmic Dancer’
- Hibiscus – Rosa sinensis ‘Hula Girl’
- Hibiscus – Rosa sinensis ‘Celia Double Red’
- Hidden Ginger – Curcuma petiolaris
- Lantana – Lantana camara ‘Texas Red’
- Marigold – Tagetes patula ‘Bolero’
- Milkweed – Asclepias curassavica
- Peacock Fern – Selaginella uncinata
- Pentas – Pentas lanceolata
- Persian Shield – Strobilanthes dyerianus
- Pink Flamingo Flower – Justicia carnea
- Polka Dot Plant – Hypoestes phyllostachya
- Rose – Grandiflora ‘Mother of Pearl’
- Rose – Hybrid Tea ‘Eternal Flame’
- Rose – Floribunda ‘Daybreaker’
- Rose – Hybrid Tea ‘Marilyn Monroe’
- Spiral Ginger – Costus barbatus
- Sunpatiens – Impatiens hawkeri
- Wishbone Flower Yellow
- Shrimp Plant – Pachystachys lutea
Learn more about September’s blooms with Bellingrath’s Currently Blooming updates!
Coming in November: 54th Annual Fall Outdoor Cascading Chrysanthemums
Hundreds of colorful, four-foot long cascades of chrysanthemums are displayed on bridges and balconies, in baskets and containers through the Gardens. Guests can enjoy the columns of mums and thousands of mums in the flower beds in the fall colors of yellow, red, bronze, lavender and white. The Great Lawn’s dramatic border is a feast for the eyes.
Bellingrath’s Mum Show is the nation’s largest outdoor chrysanthemum display. All of the cascades are grown at Bellingrath. Moving the cascades into the gardens is one of the most spectacular horticultural events of the year. It takes more than nine months to grow a single crop – a true labor of love by Bellingrath’s expert growers.
Please note that exact bloom times may vary depending on weather conditions. For peak bloom times, visit Mum Watch on our website in early November.
New in the Gift Shop
Select from our display of silver and furniture polish. These are the products we use in the Bellingrath Home to preserve Miss Bessie’s treasures. Stop by any day from 8 AM to 5 PM!
Support the Gardens and Home
When you purchase a Friends of Bellingrath membership, you support the mission of Bellingrath Gardens and Home! Members enjoy free admission to our programs all year long, from Winter Wednesdays in January to Magic Christmas in Lights. Members also receive discounts in the Gift Shop. A Friends of Bellingrath membership makes a great gift! For details about membership, click here.