We’ve got the Winter Greens!
Winter visitors who want to mix gambling and golf can find the perfect match along the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
The Beau Rivage in Biloxi, Miss., opened the exclusive Fallen Oak golf course in November 2006.
The course was designed by the legendary course architect Tom Fazio. It is located adjacent to the DeSoto National Forest and it shows as stately trees line the fairways. It’s a challenging course of an 18-hole, par-72 layout that measures 4,487 yards from the back tees. Water comes into play on more than half of the holes.
It’s located a short drive from Beau Rivage Resort & Casino. The rolling landscape includes oak and pine ridges, magnolia and pecan groves, large lakes, streams and marshes. In addition, the course includes several elevation changes that are signatures of Fazio’s designs, as well as concealed cart paths.
Another golf course in the area that is tied to a casino is the Grand Bear golf course in Gulfport, Miss., part of the Harrah’s Casino.
The course is a par-72 and measures 7,200 yards. It is located less than an hour from the casino in the DeSoto National Forest. Golfing great Jack Nicklaus designed the course, which opened in 1999.
Also, the Bridges Golf Club at Hollywood Casino Bay St. Louis has reopened after being closed more than a year because of Hurricane Katrina.
Millions of dollars were spent to repair all aspects of the course.
The Bridges is an Arnold Palmer-designed course and it measures 6,841 yards. Water comes into play on many holes.
Another option on the Mississippi Gulf Coast is the Preserve Golf Course designed by U.S. Open champion and award-winning golf course designer Jerry Pate of Pensacola, Fla. The native surroundings of pitcher plant bogs, cypress swamps, long leaf pine savannah, live oak groves and native grass prairies have been integrated into the design of the 18-hole, par-71 layout.
If you go
- Fallen Oak Golf Course, Beau Rivage Resort & Casino, Biloxi, Miss.
- Located 20 minutes north of Beau Rivage Resort & Casino on Highway 15.
- Grand Bear Golf Course, Harrah’s Casino, Gulfport, Miss. Tee times: 1-888-5-BILOXI
- Bridges Golf Club at Hollywood Casino Bay St. Louis. Information: www.hollywoodcasinobsl.com
- Special rates on hotel rooms are offered on the website. To book a tee time or overnight golf package,
call (866) 7-LUCKY-1.
- The Preserve has stay and play packages with The Palace casino. For reservations call 800-PALACE.