What I’ve learned from my Dog!
Originally posted December 2008
by Michelle Harrell aka “Poodlemama”
After every show, people gather to give the doggies some love and share their own dog tales. I’ve heard some wonderful stories; some inspiring, some very funny and some a little sad. Just yesterday, a lady came to me with a tear in her eye and said she had lost her poodle a month before. She shared with me the love her dog had given her and that she was grateful for having had her in her life. Stories such as this and many more have all included a similar phrase, “what my dog taught me was….”. So, I’ve decided to list some of the top things I’ve heard during our travels of what our dogs teach us.
- To be patient and kind
- To make time for play
- To remember our dogs know us better than we think
- Unconditional love
- Care taking is a privilege
- Owning a dog is an honor
- To be present, aware and in the moment
- To remember to show some love every single day
- To know that time is flying by and their life is so much shorter than ours
- And most of all, to strive to become the person my dog thinks I am
Our dogs are our gurus, we are the students and our lives are so much richer with their presence.
Until next time, Happy trails and tails…..
Michelle’s Magical Poodles is a show full of classic and traditional circus style tricks. For more information about Michelle and her Magical Poodles, please visit her online at statueviva.com/poodles