Gulf Islands National Seashore has announced an exciting roster of events in Florida and Mississippi throughout September.
All programs are advertised on the website calendar upper right-hand corner or on the mobile app calendar per National Park guidance.
Programs are subject to change due to manning or weather. Visitors can also verify the daily schedule in person at the visitor center or at the fort’s entrances. All Programs are provided free of charge, entrance station fees may apply.
The Discovery Center in Florida is staffed from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and the Willia.m. M Colmer Visitor Center in Mississippi is staffed from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for questions. Passport Sta.m.ps can be collected at visitor centers and the park bookstore located inside Fort Pickens opened daily 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- September 3 – Ocean Hour Naval Live Oaks Clean up 7:45 A.M.
- September 9 – Night Sky Program 7:30-8:15 P.M.; Location: Willia.m. M. Colmer Visitor Center; A high-powered telescope will be provided for public use.
- September 24 – National Public Lands Day Parkwide Cleanup. Visit www.volunteer.gov to sign up.
- September 24 – Fee Free Day
- October 1 – Sunrise Paddle 6:30-8:30 A.M.; Location: Davis Bayou Boat Launch; Kayaks provided free of charge. Preregistration and waiver required call 228-230-4121
- Fort Pickens Program (meet at fort entrance) – Daily 10 a.m., 3 p.m., 30-minute talk
- Fort Pickens Living History Program: The Civil War Soldier – Saturday and Sunday 11 a.m., 2 p.m., 20-minute talk and demonstration
- Coastal Curiosities Program (meet at Discovery Center) – Sunday, Wednesday, Saturday 10 a.m., 1 p.m., one hour talk
- Fort Barrancas Program (meet at visitor center entrance) – Saturday, Sunday 2 p.m., 45-minute walking tour
- Davis Bayou – Rangers Choice Program (meet at the corner of Robert McGhee and Boat Launch Road) – Sunday, Monday, Tuesday Thursday, Friday, Saturday 1 p.m., 45-minute walk and talk
- Kayak Program (meet at Davis Bayou public boat launch, kayaks are provided free of charge) – Begins Sept. 10 Saturdays 10 a.m., two-hour outdoor event
- B.A.R.K. Ranger Program – Begins Sept. 25 Saturdays 11 a.m., two-hour talk
- Campfire Program (meet at Davis Bayou Ca.m.pground Amphitheater) – Begins Sept. 30 Fridays 7 p.m., 45-minute talk
- Fort Massachusetts Programs (meet at the fort entrance) – Daily Wed – Sun. at 10:15 a.m. and 1:15 p.m., 30-minute walk and talk
- Life of a Soldier Program – Saturdays 11:45 a.m., 30-minute talk
For more information, visit https://www.nps.gov/guis/planyourvisit/calendar.htm.